- I have the right to be taken seriously and the responsibility to listen to others,
- I have the right to privacy and the responsibility to respect other’s privacy,
- I have the right to quality medical care and the responsibility to take care of myself,
- I have the right to a good education and the responsibility to study and respect my teachers,
- I have the right to be loved and protected from harm and the responsibility to show others love and care,
- I have the right to own belongings and the responsibility to respect the belongings of others,
- I have the right to special care for special needs and the responsibility to be the best person I can be,
- I have the right to a say in my care and any changes to how I am cared for and must take responsibility for my own actions,
- I have the right to make mistakes and the responsibility to learn from my mistakes,
- I have the right to be well fed and the responsibility not to waste food,
- I have the right to a safe and comfortable home and the responsibility to keep it neat and clean,
- I have the right to be proud of my heritage and beliefs and the responsibility to respect other’s origins and beliefs,
- I have a right to be told the house rules where I live and the responsibility to keep to them,
- I have a right to a lawyer in courtrooms and hearings affecting my future • and the responsibility to be truthful.
Mzukona Mantshontsho is the founder of Nyakaza Media Solutions. Nyakaza Media Solutions is an organisation that was established to help community organisations, business entities, and schools to research, write, document, report, analyse, edit, publish newsletters or bulletins in hard-copy, on-line and maintain websites with the relevant content as per the editorial policy of that organisation, school or entity.
Nyakaza Media Solutions has a vision to promote and bring dialogue to communities, businesses and schools about issues that affect them.
Nyakaza Media Solutions is on a mission to develop and encourage communities, businesses and learners to celebrate the good, applaud excellence, welcome growth, strive to be better individuals, businesses and communities, want more knowledge, discourage bad and counter-productive behaviour as well as communities, businesses and learners that want to be great SOUTH AFRICANS.
Nyakaza Media Solutions is making use of Yo School Magazine as a platform that learners in all schools to make use of to write their stories.