Our 2022 call is to connect both in a deeper, more purposeful, political, transformative and yet also empowering, hopeful way. And to make this coming year a truly radical, bold, fearless escalation of artistic risings. Join us! TAKE ACTION, RISE. Stage an event or campaign in your community to end violence against all women (cisgender and transgender), those who hold fluid identities, nonbinary people, girls & the planet. Please apply full Covid safety protocols for your event and community.
READY TO RISE? Following are some ideas to get you started.
PRODUCE AN ARTISTIC UPRISING IN YOUR COMMUNITY OR COLLEGE: RISE for the Bodies of All Women, Girls & the Earth: We call on the world to hold Artistic Risings for the bodies of all women and for the ‘ultimate body’- our earth. Using the body as your call. Using the body as your resistance. We call on the world to use ART. Dance. Visual art. Physical and immersive theatre. Film. Sculpture. Painting. Sports. Performances (Live and Recorded). Photography and digital art. And more.
To reclaim, express, defy, disrupt, unite, radicalize, awaken, revolutionise, and to create JOY, HOPE and TRANSFORMATION.
- On SOCIAL MEDIA create content and images that empower the body, that get to know the body, that find a language of love, compassion and celebration of the body.
- Through DANCE create spaces for intentional and sensual dancing, hold ecstatic dance events with no choreography, and use dance to reclaim life force, sensuality, sexuality, eros and wildness.
- Through VISUAL ART, photos, images, digital art, painting, reimagine the body. Visualise what a body looks like that is free, that has agency, sovereignty, dignity and respect.
- Create immersive, participatory THEATER that centres visceral, intuitive movement – no longer using our current stories of oppression and violence, but finding a physical experience that inhabits a world where the body is alive and free.
- Connect the BODY and the EARTH through these artistic expressions by creating, holding, filming, capturing them inside NATURE, particularly in earth spaces you want to reclaim: the sea, mountains, rivers, forests, public parts. Use ritual, community and nature to explore the body of the earth and the body as nature. Set your art form outdoors, in the beauty, wildness and vastness of the earth – and use music, rhythm, chants, drumming, your hands and bodies to touch and celebrate the earth.
Change the narrative from the current to the future. Subvert our current paradigms and expectations of the body and the earth with art. Create revolutionary art that fires and awakens the senses. Root it in radical love, radical pleasure and radical compassion. Move love, connection, eros and joy. Demand a new language for this life. Rise for the sacredness of all women’s bodies. Create for the holy ground of Mother Earth. Reclaim freedom. Raise the vibration with ART. RISE. CREATE. RECLAIM. RISE FOR THE BODIES OF ALL WOMEN, GIRLS AND THE EARTH.
Mzukona Mantshontsho is the founder of Nyakaza Media Solutions. Nyakaza Media Solutions is an organisation that was established to help community organisations, business entities, and schools to research, write, document, report, analyse, edit, publish newsletters or bulletins in hard-copy, on-line and maintain websites with the relevant content as per the editorial policy of that organisation, school or entity.
Nyakaza Media Solutions has a vision to promote and bring dialogue to communities, businesses and schools about issues that affect them.
Nyakaza Media Solutions is on a mission to develop and encourage communities, businesses and learners to celebrate the good, applaud excellence, welcome growth, strive to be better individuals, businesses and communities, want more knowledge, discourage bad and counter-productive behaviour as well as communities, businesses and learners that want to be great SOUTH AFRICANS.
Nyakaza Media Solutions is making use of Yo School Magazine as a platform that learners in all schools to make use of to write their stories.