By Monde Zuma,
1.To remove the odour from your hands after cutting onions, chicken or fish, just wash your hands with salt and water, then you will have no more smell.
- To avoid the feeling of the hotness of pepper on your hands after cutting/slicing it with your hands, rub them with salt and vegetable oil or red oil and wash them.
- When pepper mistakenly enter your eye, put a pinch of salt in your mouth, the hotness of the pepper will disappear, and you will see the magic.
- When storing empty containers or bottle, throw in a pinch of salt to help them from getting stinky.
- Sprinkling some salt on your fresh peppers while pounding it, helps to make it pound quickly.
- Soaking bitter leaves in salt and hot water, helps to remove extra bitterness before cooking with it.
- If your liquid milk always spoils before you finish it, you can add pinch of salt when you first open it, it will help the milk to stay fresh longer.
- Salt and detergent mixture can help you to kill ants and cockroaches disturbing you in the kitchen.
- Placing your overripe tomatoes in a cold and salty water overnight, will help to make them fresh and firm.
- If you cut lemon and you do not want to use it finish, sprinkle salt on it, it would stay fresh for 3 days. Make sure you rinse it before using it again.
- Salt can be used as a preservative method for preserving meat, fish or vegetables. It helps to prevent bacteria growth.
- Grease fires or small fires can be put out with the use of salt.
Mzukona Mantshontsho is the founder of Nyakaza Media Solutions. Nyakaza Media Solutions is an organisation that was established to help community organisations, business entities, and schools to research, write, document, report, analyse, edit, publish newsletters or bulletins in hard-copy, on-line and maintain websites with the relevant content as per the editorial policy of that organisation, school or entity.
Nyakaza Media Solutions has a vision to promote and bring dialogue to communities, businesses and schools about issues that affect them.
Nyakaza Media Solutions is on a mission to develop and encourage communities, businesses and learners to celebrate the good, applaud excellence, welcome growth, strive to be better individuals, businesses and communities, want more knowledge, discourage bad and counter-productive behaviour as well as communities, businesses and learners that want to be great SOUTH AFRICANS.
Nyakaza Media Solutions is making use of Yo School Magazine as a platform that learners in all schools to make use of to write their stories.